Kratom is made from the leaves of the Mitragyne Speciosa tree. This tree grows mainly in Southeast Asia.
The tree is found Especially on Borneo and Sumatra in Indonesia and Malaysia at peninsular Malaysia and in South Thailand. Kratom trees are also found for instance on Papua and in Myanmar (Birma). There are 3 types of kratom, the red, white and green kratom. This color difference in the leaves is (mainly) seen in the vein and the stem of the kratom leaves. Red Kratom has red veins and a red stem, white kratom has a white stem and veins and green kratom has green stem and veins.[/accordion-item]
The quality of kratom depends on a number of factors such as sunlight, age of the trees, time of harvesting, harvesting method, soil etcetera.
- The age of the trees. The leaves of older Kratom trees generally carry a higher alkaloid content compared to leaves from younger trees.
- Wild or plantation grown; Leaves from trees harvested in the wild Jungle generally are of a better quality compared to leaves harvested from plantation grown trees. Reasons for this can be the age of plantation trees (generally young trees) and the use of many types of chemicals and pesticides on plantations.
- Time of harvesting and weather conditions during the harvest are also important for the quality of the end product.
- The harvesting method, drying of the leaves and processing of the leaves are also crucial for the quality of the kratom
- The soil type on which the trees are growing are believed to be partly responsible for the alkaloid content of the leaves. This is one of the main reasons that it is not always true that kratom from trees from a certain region are always better then the kratom harvested from another region. The conditions at that particular spot should also be taken into consideration
When processing the leaves into kratom powder, the stem and veinds of the leaves are removed.
Stems and veins can be greined into powder and sold as such (stem and vein powder). However the alkaloid content in veins and stem is believed to be much lower then in the pure leaves. Or better said there is less of the basic alkaloids in the stem and vein powder. The composition of the stem and vein might be different. This is why the effects from using the stem and vein powders are not as powerfull as effects from kratom made from the pure leaves. We only sell kratom powders made from pure leaves, no stem and vein powder. We do sell Stem and Vein powder (sometimes when in stock) as a seperate product aka stem and vein kratom.
The effects of kratom depend on the used dosage, the kind of kratom used and the person that takes the kratom.
A low dose of the red and green kratom strains will usually be stimulating while a high dosage will mostly be sedative, Red kratoms will usually be sedative in low to moderate dosage and even more so in higher dosage, However this depends on the individual.
Red vein kratom
Deze kratom usually contains a higher concentration of 7-Hydroxymitragynine. This is an alkaloid with an opioid agonistic activitity. This alkaloid is said to be responsible for the euphoric, relaxing, soothing and pain killing effects that people feel when using red kratom.
Deze kratom contains a higher concentration of Mitragynine. This is an indole alkaloid which is the most common alkaloid in kratom. The effects of this alkaloid are more energetic and stimulating. This kratom can be useful for people who want to be active for a longer time and more concentrated.
Green vein kratom is a kind of middle road between red and white. It has a higher concentration of 7-Hydroxymitragynine compared to white kratom but lower then red kratom. Both the effects one feels when using white and red kratom can be felt when using green vein. When you use green kratom you can for instance feel relaxed and at the same time energetic .